Need a quick breakfast or snack to grab as you walk out the door? Exhausted from the freezing winter weather and craving some freshness? I've got your answer right here, and it's delicious. As of Monday, spring has officially sprung and I am puuuumped. The weather didn't seem to get the memo but my taste buds certainly did so give me all the spring veggies, egg dishes, and fresh fruit. These tiny frittatas are the perfect bite to A) cure your winter blues and B) rescue your busy mornings!
Make-Ahead Veggie Frittatas
- 1 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped or shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin or line with paper or silicone liners.
- Finely chop bell pepper, onion, and kale (the smaller pieces the better!)
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper and onion. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently until vegetables are slightly tender and onion is translucent.
- Turn off the heat and add the kale, stirring until wilted. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Evenly divide vegetable mixture, then egg mixture between muffin tins.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until eggs are firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Optional: top egg muffins with cheese 2 minutes before they come out of the oven.